Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Bellagio 15K...42nd place..& Christmas in Oz

Onto day 3 at the Bellagio 15K WPT event where I had a decent starting stack of 158K ….my first table was just lovely with Cliff “Johnny” Bax and Chip Reese, both world class players and cool dudes….I got it up to about 220K then that table broke and then had a seat with the extremely fashionable and talented Evy Ng ….That table breaking had me at 350K in chips , my high point of the tourney unfortunately….and moved again and again and again until I sat down and was dealt pocket Jacks in the BB….. Superstar player and sweetheart Cyndi Violette had just won a few pots and had been moving her chips a lot and had raised it up front….Steven Lui , A European player re-raised here pretty big and I had a decision to make: Re-raise or fold….I re-raised and he had them Aces and I said goodnight bitches….I really don’t like being 3rd in with Jacks with my tourney life at stake but I had many things to consider in this hand …does Cyndi have a hand? Also, the large re-raise is either an “Attack the Bull” move which Steven had done without showdown several times or it’s a real hand but really smells like AK to me…Also I had 220K at this point and the blinds were 6k-12k ,1K ante costing me 27K a round…Exspensivo….so I went for it based on several factors…..I’m happy about the way I played the tourney and proud of my last 2 showings especially since I play one tourney a month now so that’s 2 for 2 in the $$
I’m currently spending a rainy holiday season in Melbourne, where it is usually blazing hot this time of year but has been pouring for 2 days now…Global Warming? It sure seems like it…..Please check out the film “An Inconvenient Truth”…..Scary stuff...
I’ll be playing the 10K Aussie millions here in January, one of the best tourneys of the year. Melbourne has it all….Sunshine, tennis, surf and action…it is definitely worth the 14 hour flight from LA…..
Happy Holidays!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home